12 c. Focaccia Flax Bread or other bread of choice, cubed (~18 slices)
1 c. diced celery
1/2 c. diced vidalia onion
1 c. peeled, finely chopped apple
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. water, if needed
1/2 tsp. sage
1 tsp. thyme
pink salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil in large saucepan.
- Add onion, celery, sage, thyme, pink salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Add bread cubes to saucepan and stir to absorb all liquid.
- Stir in apples.
- Portion out about 1/2 cup, forming ball with hands (add water to mixture if bread is not sticking together).
- Place stuffing ball onto baking sheet/pan.
- Repeat with remaining mixture to form 20 stuffing balls.
- Cover pan with with foil.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes.