Sausage Apple Cornbread Muffins
1 lb. ground chicken
2 T. red wine
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. fennel seeds
1 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. pink salt (divided)
½ tsp. oregano
1/16 tsp. allspice
1 lb. diced apples
1 c. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. powdered stevia or 12 drops liquid stevia
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/3 c. coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place liners in 24 muffin tins.
- Combine chicken, wine, 1 teaspoon pink salt, garlic, fennel seeds, pepper, oregano, and allspice in bowl with hands.
- Transfer mixture to skillet oven med-high heat and cook until beginning to brown.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Transfer sausage to large bowl along with diced apples.
- In separate bowl, combine coconut flour, stevia, and baking powder.
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, and coconut oil.
- Pour liquid into coconut flour mixture and stir until dough comes together.
- Add dough to apple/sausage bowl and stir until mixed.
- Portion heaping 1/4 c. into each muffin tin, packing down with back of spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tops start to brown.