If you're planning to use this as sandwich bread, I would recommend to slice it thinner. I actually use a very sharp knife to cut 28-32 slices. Of course you could use the thicker slices for a sandwich as well, but it tends to drown out the flavors of the sandwich since it is such a dense bread!
Perfect Protein Bread
1/2 c. pea protein powder
1/2 c. unflavored whey protein powder
3/4 c. almond flour (or 1 1/2 c. oats)
1/2 tsp. pink salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. flax seed (or 6 T. flax meal)
2 c. liquid egg whites
Toppings: sesame seeds, onion flakes, poppy seeds, minced garlic, rosemary, pumpkin seeds etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse all dry ingredients in blender until flour-like consistency is reached.
- Add egg whites and blend (or transfer to large bowl and whisk) until well combined.
- Pour batter into silicone loaf pan or parchment lined loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top with toppings of choice, if desired.
- Bake for 45 mins.
- Remove from oven and slice with sharp knife.