Filet Mignon with Garlic Carmelized Onions
3.5 oz. Filet Mignon
2 Tbls. Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbls. Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. Chicago Steakhouse Seasoning (Weber)
1 tsp. Fresh Rosemary Leaves, chopped finely
8 oz. sweet onion, sliced thin
1/4 c. low sodium beef broth
1/4 tsp. Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning (Weber)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine vinegars and garlic to make marinade.
- Pierce filet mignon with knife in several places and on both sides - place in marinade turning to coat.
- Let rest in marinade about 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- Preheat skillet - remove filet mignon from marinade and sprinkle with Steakhouse seasoning and rosemary.
- Brown filet mignon on all sides.
- Remove filet mignon from skillet and turn off burner - place on foil covered baking sheet and put in preheated oven.
- Add broth to skillet scraping to pick up any burned bits (deglaze).
- Add 2 teaspones of the marinade, the sliced onions and the Roasted Garlic seasoning.
- Stir to combine the broth and seasonings with the onion.
- Bring onions to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low cooking until onions are transluscent and most of the liquid is gone.
- Remove filet mignon from oven when desired doneness is reached and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice filet, and top with carmelized garlic onions.