This recipe came about merely because I was in the mood for dessert, but still needed to get some protein into my evening meal. There are a few things about this milkshake that will have your head spinning, hence the name Dizzy Paleo Protein Milkshake:
1. It is packed full of protein - Paleo Protein Powder is a grass-fed beef protein powder that contains 23 grams of protein in one scoop. (I know you're probably thinking that a protein powder made from beef sounds nasty, but this stuff is amazeballs!)
2. It is gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, and low carb but definitely isn't flavor-free....it taste sinfully yummy!
And finally....you ready for this one???
3. It contains an entire cup of frozen SPINach (but doesn't taste like it at all) - Spinach is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants and has been linked to various health benefits. It has been shown to help decrease oxidative stress, improve eye health, aid in cancer prevention, and help regulate blood pressure levels.
Yes, you've read correctly, you can actually enjoy a sweet, chocolatey milkshake and not have anything to feel guilty about. So, stop your head from spinning, grab yourself a straw, and try not to get brainfreeze from sucking down this deliciousness too quicky!
Dizzy Paleo Protein Milkshake
1 scoop Vanilla Nut Paleo Protein Grass-fed Beef Protein Powder
3/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 - 1 c. crushed ice
1 c. frozen chopped spinach
2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pulse 1/2 cup almond milk with frozen spinach in blender cup until well combined.
- Add protein powder, remaining almond milk, and cocoa powder and blend again.
- Blend in ice, 1/4 cup at a time, until desired consistency is reached.