Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 T butter, softened
1 head cauliflower
2 teaspoons salt
1 generous pinch of pepper, to taste.
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
olive oil, to taste
- In a large saucepan, boil florets of cauliflower on high heat until fork tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is boiling, warm butter in a saucepan and add garlic.
- Saute on low for a few minutes until lightly golden, but do not brown.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to food processor or blender.
- Add garlic, vegetable broth, salt, pepper and almond milk.
- Blend on high for several minutes, stopping every so often to add lemon juice and parmesan cheese to taste.
- Blend until sauce is very smooth.
- Evaluate the consistency of your sauce. (If it seems thick, add more milk. If it seems dry, add a liberal drizzle of olive oil)
- Blend through.